Protrain -New Zealand's Best Pest Control Qualifications
ACES pest control is now qualified certificate III Pro trains post graduate course in Timber pests.
CPPPMT3008 Inspect for and report on timber pests
CPPPMT3010 Control timber pests
CPPPMT3042 Install physical termite management systems
Timber Pest Management Skill Set
CQ ProTrain’s workshop for Timber Pests targets the skill set of Timber Pest Management all over Australia. The workshop incorporates both training and assessment.
Timber Pest Control – Pest Management
The course includes up to 3 units of competency depending on each student’s needs and abilities. CQ ProTrain timber pest control course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be a qualified Timber Pest Manager.
- CPPPMT3008 – Inspect for and report on timber pests.
- CPPPMT3010 – Control timber pests.
- CPPPMT3042 – Install physical termite management systems.
There are several topics that will be discussed in this course.
- Timber Pest biology and control including Termites, Borers and Wood Decay Fungi.
- Australian Standards and other documents relating to Timber Pest Management.
- Inspection and Reporting of Timber Pests.
- Options and proposals for timber pest management (including both Non-Chemical and Chemical).
- Design and implementation of Termite monitoring programs.
- Overview of building construction methods and their relevance to Timber pest control programs.
- Client conflict resolution in Pest Management.
Candidates should be aware that these workshops include full practical components which will need to be completed successfully.
- Field Trip into the Timber Pests Environment for inspection and identification purposes.
- Multiple species sample collection and ID’s.
- A complete timber pest inspection and management design and proposal.
- Inspections of buildings at varying stages of construction.
Pest Management – Timber Pest Control Workshop Completion.
The workshop is designed to provide each student with the knowledge and skills to move forward in their quest to gain the minimum recommended competency required to be able to carry out timber pest management, timber pest control and work.
To complete the course you are required to:
- Attend and participate in all daily sessions.
- Complete all theory assessments on Timber Pest Control.
- Participate in and complete all practical assessments.
Owen Stobart graduated with this qualification on the 5th of July 2019 (document number S196/1738)
Owen Stobart also has entry level qualification CPPMT3005 Manage Pests without Pesticides CPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides CPPMT3018 Maintain equipment and pesticides storage area in pest management vehicles